Data Core Network Engineer
Engineering and execution activities within Data Core focusing on the countries of the
respective cluster including but not limiting for the low level design, implementation
and optimization of Data Core systems, SW developments, testing and networks in
Romania or any other EU market.
Manage relationships with local counter parts in the cluster countries, in particular
network operations and other local teams for the implementation of normal network
capacity management or SW configuration activities, special projects or the handling
of emergency situations.
SW optimization and testing assurance activities within Data Core in Romania or
any other EU market and performance analysis and SW improvements devised as
- Local in-country implementation of the data core network evolution plan.
- Align and steer local engineering implementation in the cluster countries to the regional strategy and roadmap.
- Delivery of the European engineering strategy for data core.
- Ownership and maintenance of the country data core SW Low Level Design.
- Ownership to test any new SW release or SW functionality or configuration as per country basis.
- Detailed engineering of complete data core NW in the country including packet switch and data platforms.
- Direct management of the interface with regional and local in-country operations teams.
- Defining, planning and scheduling all data core network activities and interventions for both HW&SW.
- Being accountable for these activities and analyzing/reporting relevant SW issues concerning risk, cost/benefit, effectiveness and efficiency.
- SW optimization activities looking for the best data performance.
- Data core budget execution in the cluster countries.
- University degree: telecommunication or computer science degree with more than 3/5 years of experience.
- Solid knowledge of NW design/architecture, SW development and Core NW experience.
- Operational experience.
- Good stakeholders management.
- Strong performance & customer orientation.
- Ability to work across multi-functional and cultural boundaries to deliver results/change.
- Results oriented.
- Exposure to operational environments and projects.
- Established networking in the countries of the cluster.
- Data service performance management experience.
- Established networking or closeness with other engineering domains also deeply impacting performance such as transmission, radio, etc.