Database Automation Engineer
The engineers are part of a future team supporting DB-Engineers. They are responsible to explore and
engineer new databases, functions, features, and types needed for future applications via
incoming project requests. Additionally they have to bring such new databases into the core of
CI/CD: the pipelines for automated deployments. You will be involved in project realization with
enabling new features, functions and additional database derivation. Also, expanding project
scope to CI/CD value (developing / integration of automated deployments (with Liquibase, DDT,
- Develops strategies for the conception, implementation and securing of a general database standard in the sense of the architectural specifications
- Is responsible for the planning, initiation and implementation of projects for the consolidation, optimization and redesign of the existing hardware and software architectures and evaluation and introduction of new database technologies / features
- Supports project managers and architects in planning and implementation with his specialist knowledge with regard to a smooth transfer of operations. Makes operational decisions for the databases with regard to their operational optimization and availability
- Optimizes the End to End chain regarding Automation of DB deployments, incl. tool
verification in the meaning of CI/CD
- Reviews new/needed standard DB functions and features and start them up into production / operation
- Analyse new DB types and their commitment in the public cloud (e.g. AWS)
- Engineers database solutions for local and global DBA parties (monitoring, masking and automation tools and features).
- Completed technical or industrial engineering degree or long-time experience in the field of IT infrastructure and data center, IT operation, IT engineering.
- Experience in IT, preferably in IT consulting, IT architecture environment, database solution engineering
- Project experience (e.g. conception of standardized DB environments, migration projects, introduction of new software, etc.)
- Good knowledge of the technologies (Jenkins, BitBucket, Nexus, Groovy, Terraform (IaC), Ansible, Docker) and products used in large, heterogeneous IT infrastructures and the services they provide.
- Good knowledge in server and client hardware, operating systems, databases and standard applications (ERP, CRM, billing)
- Good technical knowledge of the following products in large heterogeneous IT infrastructures (Oracle databases, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Good ITIL knowledge