Infrastructure Design Engineer
The Infrastructure Design Engineer role is part of a new team and there are multiple opened positions, some on Windows infrastructure, some on Linux infrastructure.
- Takes responsibility for major aspects of infrastructure specification and design within the organization.
- Develops design principles, models, plans, internal standards and processes based on industry best practices, covering connectivity, capacity, interfacing, security, resilience, recovery, access and remote access.
- Establishes governing principles for network design and deployment.
- Reviews colleagues’ designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology.
- Contributes to policy for selection of architecture components.
- Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on major design options and assesses and manages associated risks.
- Ensures that the Infrastructure design balances functional, service quality, security and systems
- Ensures adherence to relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices (including
- Performs impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions.
- Participates in and leads the selection of infrastructure components, technologies and products for implementation.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Recommends/designs structures and tools for systems, which meet business needs and takes into account target environment, performance, security requirements and existing systems.
- Produces detailed designs and documents all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
- Delivers technical visualisation of proposed solutions for approval by customer and execution by system developers.
- Assesses associated risks, and advice on proper risk responses. Translates logical designs into physical designs, and produces detailed design documentation.
- Maps work to user specification and removes errors and deviations from specification to achieve user-friendly processes.
- Advices on impact analysis for request for changes on infrastructure and oversees implementation phase.
- More than 5 year knowledge in architect, design, implement, operate and trouble shoot complex Enterprise IT infrastructure (Lifecycle)
- Has strong analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
- More than 5 year experience with Windows or Linux products
- Good understanding of DC environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering.
- Experience with Infrastructure management technologies through achievement of proper professional certifications (e.g. MCSE)
- Knowledge of international IT service management best practices such as: ITIL, CobiT
- Knowledge of agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, DSDM Agile PM, Prince2 agile, Lean IT, DevOps).