Innovation DB Analyst (Technical BA)
Responsible for contributing in technology IT framework definition through driving execution for technologies evaluation and adoption/roadmap of Database technical products, DBaaS infrastructure and related services within GDC with end-to-end vision and ownership.
Technology center of a multinational telecom company.
Autonomous, efficient scouting and evaluation of Database technologies and related opportunities, gaps and impacts on operating models within GDC working closely with all relevant entities to ensure optimum service quality and minimal operation costs while ensuring an innovative and best of breed portfolio of infrastructure components.
Maintain a holistic view of the business to anticipate and respond to major events or cyclical demands on database area through the most current suitable technologies like DBaaS in public, private or hybrid cloud, relational (e.g. PostgreSQL, MSSQL, Oracle , MariaDB) and NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB) databases.
- Work for international customers in cross-cultural teams is substantial in infrastructure services.
- Provide technical guidance for the introduction of new Database technologies to allow
Group’s business functions and local markets to realise their strategy.
- Create high-level design for new cloud Database products based on IaaS and DBaaS infrastructure, which will be adopt in global Datacentres with the focus to support Cloud ready cloud native applications
- Support to business functions and local markets with the transformational journey by ensuring platform performance, efficiency and stability and always on solution.
- Provide technical documentation as well as consultancy to internal Group Data Centre teams and Local Markets ensuring TDO strategy is followed
- Guide implementation projects that introduces / evolve with new technologies and ensure timely delivery of innovative new designs
- Plan and organize technical workshops with potential vendors and internal Teams for evaluating new innovative technologies to be used
- Manage the early steps of technology lifecycle: Scouting, Proof of Concepts, Minimum Valuable Product and Industrialisation
- Elaborate solutions based on asset Lifecycle Management requirements
- Promote customer satisfaction with good communication by creating and demonstrating technology innovations to the customers
- Consult BRM team with technology roadmap aligning it with Customer strategy
- Retrieve industry trends with specific session and adhoc session with analyst from research company e.g. Gartner, IDC
- 3+ years of experience working with IT Technology and Databases
- Understanding of license and cost model of Database solutions
- Good understanding of Database solutions for Private and Public Cloud implementations
- Infrastructure scripting and automation knowledge in multiple popular methods (python, perl, bash, chef, terraform)
- Good communication and transfer capabilities
- Able to engage in efficient collaboration with internal and external as well as able to work in distributed teams
- Ability to identify opportunities to adopt specific databases infrastructure solution on the cloud or on-premises
- Fluent in English with ability to communicate at all levels, dealing with multicultural environments
- Understanding of Database architecture and principles