A day in the life of a JAVA Network Developer – SDN Automation means being in touch with the latest network datacenter technologies and developing the next generation automated network. You will be part of a fast-paced, high caliber team building the software for the routing and switching products used to automate our data center networks workflows. Here, you will be responsible for the quality of everything you deliver.
This role demands a strong and broad software engineering background and will cover all aspects of software development spanning the addition of new features, debugging problems and fine-tuning code for scalability and performance.
We seek flexible people, with IP network knowledge willing to explore other programming languages (e.g. Python) as well as being able to push their limits and embrace new technologies through trainings and certifications.
- Develop excellent quality code within SDN/Network Automation area using AGILE frameworks. Architect and design features and solutions. Develop tests for all code to ensure quality. Fix bugs and refactor code as needed.
- Review and contribute to the specifications and implementations written by other team members.
- Collaborate with the team. Share and receive knowledge.
- Promote best technology and software development practices.
- Operation excellence and support are part of the team’s responsibility
With these skills you are a great candidate:
- Understanding of IP networking
- Must have solid hands-on application development experience using Java
- REST API development
- Relational databases
- Continuous integration / Deployment tools and processes
- Knowledge of automated testing tools such as TestNG, JMeter or others
- Ability to work well in a team, self-driven and eager to learn
- Creative thinking, analytical skills with attention to detail