NFV & SDN Delivery Senior Engineer
– To deliver the Group Networks Virtual Foundation & OSS infrastructure in accordance with the strategy and the goals of the domain. Accountable and responsible for the deployment of NFV/SDN solutions.
– Manage the relationships with the key stakeholders to ensure that system strategy and functionality is in line with the market demands. Driving the harmonization and consolidation strategy of OSS systems within the sub-domain.
– Particular technology focus on (but not restricted to) NVI & OSS infrastructure (hypervisor, computing, storage, Network – physical or virtual), remote access solutions, cloud, security and backup solutions.
- Responsible for the delivery lifecycle management of assigned solutions within Europe
- Coordinating suppliers, engage with peers and other stakeholders to ensure the timely delivery of functionality and quality in projects
- Develop the strategy for the subdomain and initiate projects and control initiatives
- Manage the detailed budget and long range planning ensuring the timely delivery meeting or
exceeding Capex targets.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Customer oriented and systematic way of working
- Ability to work across multi-functional and cultural boundaries to deliver results and change
- Strong individual applied thinking.
- Ideally Degree qualified or equivalent experience 3-5 years professional experience in engineering
- Knowledge of IT standards
- Agile, ITIL, ETOM and project management techniques (e.g.Prince2) knowledge
- Strong focus delivery of NFV/SDN solutions
- In-depth knowledge of data center infrastructure, cloud, virtualization architectures and operational processes
- Cloud computing architecture and design (IT and Telco)
- Telco OSS/BSS Solutions.