Product Owner – Network Performance Management
Multinational Semiconductors development company.
- You’ll be one of the core engineers that helps build our automation and troubleshooting platform to a higher standard.
- With a group of dedicated internal an external staff you will help in building up a service that troubleshoots complicated problems for our IT (internal)customers .
- Responsible for capturing IT demand and prioritizing this accordingly with the internal teams
- Good relationship with colleagues, local IT team and users. Enthusiastic and positive mindset.
- Investigates, diagnoses and solves actual or potential network problems.
- Shows ownership and drives issues to conclusion, including post-mortem phase, identifying root causes and improvement actions.
- Monitors the network for problem conditions, implements network troubleshooting procedures to isolate specific problem source and take corrective action.
- Initiates, updates, tracks and closes change and problem tickets;
- Uses network management system tools to determine network load and models performance statistics.
Very short description/scenario: you need to understand requirements and the infrastructure, Map technologies, design and follow implementation (along with the operations teams and contractors).
- Good knowledge of the planning and implementation of IT projects of various scope;
- Structured, analytical and logical mindset with strong communication skills;
- Able to understand complex infrastructure and environments and;
- Constant desire to improve the status quo, to learn about and discover new things;
- Enthusiasm for result-oriented communication with different stakeholders;
- Familiar with Agile fundamentals and DevOps way of working.
- 5+ years of experience in Operations, Design, Implementation, in complex/global infrastructures.
- Familiarity with global networking technologies and up to date on recent trends in the market;
- Experience evaluating network performance and trouble-shooting problems under high pressure in a highly available environment;
- Working experience with: MPLS, Routing, Switching, QoS, Bandwidth, MAN, Monitoring, Acceleration, DMVPN, SDWAN, IPSEC VPNs, LAN;
- Working experience with: DNS (IPNS only), DHCP, IPAM, NTP, Firewalls, Proxies, Active Prev., SSL VPN, VPN, 2-Factor Authentication, Cisco, Palo Alto, F5;
- Understanding of how network technology is evolving currently (automation, SD-WAN, coding);
- Solid ITIL knowledge and experience;
- Experience with Ansible and Automation platforms.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with IT network management tools such as Wireshark, ThousandEyes, Splunk, is a desirable.
- Cisco Certifications CCNA CCNP CCIE.
- A university degree with IT orientation, completed training as an IT system administrator or comparable qualification, as well as initial work experience.
- The infrastructure spreads over 75 locations across the globe, covers 3 regional Data Centers and 4 local Data Centers, and it’s used by more than 10.000 R&D engineers.
- This role is 70-80% technical, being highly independent and having ownership on solutions to be implemented.