Senior Infrastructure Engineer
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is the single technical point-of-contact for maintenance and implementation of system components deployed in Data Centers. (S)he will be involved in cross-functional interactions with other global teams.
Artificial intelligence, biometrics, cryptography, embedded systems and software and cyber security.
- Assist support staff as/when required in order to meet deadlines and Infrastructure support priorities.
- Provide input as required on product and system specific functionality, configuration and usage for training and documentation purposes.
- Share skills and experience with other groups within the organization, with the aim of establishing consistency and improving quality within the company.
- Proactive and promptly identify and assist to resolve any relevant key issues and/or risks.
- Understand, follow and improve upon all formally communicated methodologies, processes, policies, and values. Focusing always on delivering consistent, reliable, repeatable, scalable and quality outcomes.
- Provide support and encouragement to other team members and participate in the up–skilling and training of colleagues and new staff.
- Analyze failure and ensure operational recovery within agreed SLA through standard procedures
- Work on continuous improvement process by analyzing recurrent incidents and designing long term solutions
- Propose improvements of the monitoring setup.
- Address any none compliances in timely and orderly manner.
- Work independently / a quick learner with ability to implement workarounds through the proper guidance of Support standards and conventions.
- Able to work flexible hours if needed.
- Available to come to Data Centers for technical support in case of emergencies.
- Able to travel as and when reasonably requested.
- Expert level at least in one virtualization technology: VMware / Xen / Hyper-V
- In depth knowledge of Linux (configuration, management, scripting)
- Knowledge of Windows Server infrastructure
- A good understanding of networking and security technologies: firewall, proxy /reverse proxy, load-balancer, application firewall, antivirus, IPS / IDS, other security solutions
- Knowledge of storage principles and technologies: NAS, SAN, fc switches
- A good understanding of high-availability solutions (cluster, load-balancer), backup, disaster recovery and business continuity principles
- Knowledge about containers and orchestrations principles
- Knowledge about configuration management tools, deployment tools, updates and software repositories, monitoring tools
- Good understanding of ITIL principles and experience in working with a ticketing tool
- Hardware knowledge
- Experience in troubleshooting incidents at L2/L3 level
- Good knowledge of cloud platforms: AWS and Azure.
- Experience with Dockers & Kubernetes
- Bitbucket, Gitea, Salt Stack
- Previous datacenter experience
- Shell, Python scripting
- Web: Tomcat, Apache, NGINX, JBOSS application server
- Databases: Oracle DB, MySQL / Maria DB, Cassandra / Datastax
- Security and key encryption mechanism
- Experience in Open Source projects and tools suites a plus
- University degree in the field of engineering, computer science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role.