World leader in digital security solutions for the mobility space.
Augmented identity, bio metrics, identity and data security, mobile payments.
Software Development Engineer designs and implements customized solutions based on company’s applications and products. The Engineer implements customer specific requirements by analyzing, developing, configuring and customizing IT solutions based on biometric systems. Specific software components concern a very large scope of functionalities that could be very technical or heavily linked to the customer business process. Work is performed within larger team, distributed across multiple countries.
* Creates technical documentation such as installation/configuration/maintenance procedures.
* Tests, identifies and reports issues in product and product customization.
* Configures and customizes company’s Biometric Information System products (java, XML, JSON, database).
* Participates in design and planning activities, following Agile or mixed methodologies.
* Deploys customized solutions to production systems.
* Maintains customization code and customer specific components.
* Understands and analyzes customer requirements, business processes, data format specifications, interface specifications etc.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent level of experience.
* Minimum 2 years of experience in software development, including professional programming, testing or technical background seen as an added plus.
* Strong skills in Java programming language, including standard tools (e.g. Maven, JUnit etc).
* Strong skills in Relational Databases and SQL (e.g. Oracle, Derby, MySQL etc).
* Strong knowledge of Windows environment.
* Intermediate understanding of JEE ecosystem and practices (e.g. CDI, JPA, JAX-RS, JMS etc).
* Experience with Java Enterprise Edition and Weblogic/JBOSS/Wildfly application servers.
* Experience with Source Control and Issue Tracking systems (e.g. SVN, GIT, JIRA etc).
* Comfortable with setting up and maintaining Linux servers.
* Comfortable with computer networking and network protocols (e.g. HTTP, SSL etc.).
* Experience with DevOps technologies (e.g. Docker, OpenStack etc)
* Comfortable with reading and understanding existing code, ability to use code as documentation.