NFVi Cloud System Engineer
To integrate, provide and operate cloud and virtualization technology solutions for European Vodafone applications and customers. To plan and implement a growing set of cloud platforms used to provide mission critical infrastructure services.
- Deployment and upgrade of VMware core NFVi platforms(vCenter, PSC, NSX-v Manager, vCloud Director)
- Define & deploy detailed HW configuration, profiles and network mappings (HP, Dell, Huawei enclosures)
- Deploy ESXi on servers, integrate in vSphere, configure clusters, install NSX and vCloud VIB’s
- Configure vCloud Director components
- Deploy NSX-v and network components (VxLANs, Network Controllers, BGP) for core NFVi platform
- Configure and troubleshoot tenant services in NFVi
- Operating System hardening based on agreed procedures
- Provisioning VMs from appliance images (. OVAs)
- Good understanding of VMware Carrier Grade NFV Infrastructure (vCenter, vCloud Director, ESXi, NSX-v)
- IP networking knowledge (VMware NSX-v, Cisco)
- Storage SAN, NFS knowledge
- HW installation & configuration (HP, Dell, Huawei)
- Good understanding of automation and orchestration of infrastructure to accelerate new services with VMware VCloud NFV
- Basic OS knowledge (Windows/UNIX)
Knowledge of Cloud and NFV technologies is essential to properly manage the Group DataCenter networks and cloud solutions. Troubleshooting and network analysis capabilities are required for this role.
This role covers on call rotations once every 5 weeks.