5G Network Support Engineer
Providing remote technical support for the company’s Wireless Business Unit based out of our local TAC (Technical Assistance Centre) based in Romania as a product support engineer for the company Wireless product family.
Manages the day-to-day functional customer interfaces, primarily in EMEA/USA region:
- Provide technical support for customer hardware and software support contracts.
- Support ticket resolution for customer issues and work with relevant customer or internal teams to resolve them.
- Support new SW delivery and SW upgrades and updates.
- Be the customer facing technical and product expert for the technologies provided by the Wireless BU.
- Provide customer training for Wireless BU products and technologies.
- The successful candidate will be educated to degree level (BSc/BEng or ideally MSc/MEng) or be able to demonstrate comparable suitable experience in an Electronic and Communications engineering subject.
- Demonstrated experience working with test and measurement equipment in the 3GPP cellular industry for at least 5 years
- Experience with simulated data generators to support data profiles such as VoLTE, VoNR, VoIP, RTSP, FTP, HTTP, etc.
- Advanced understanding of LTE/5G NR 3GPP PHY, L2, RRC, and NAS components of the air Interface and how it interfaces to a RAN.
- Work experience on LTE and 5G NR testing either for handset or base station.
- Strong understanding of RF technologies.
- Ability to read and understand 3GPP specifications and IP RFCs.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer facing skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Nice to have
- Experience of working in multi-country teams will be an advantage
- Experience in KPIs metrics analysis, RCA, and continuous improvements follow up (PDCA)
- Experience with O-RAN components
- Able to work effectively alone, whilst being a team player.
- Ability to act as a role model to others
- Ability to work under time pressure and provide good quality work in a timely manner.
- Must be enthusiastic, a clear verbal and written communicator in the languages relevant to the location of the role.
- Willing to travel.