In this role, you will evolve company's product line to support the 5G core network 3GPP standards. Their products provide the ability for customers to tap, aggregate, filter, sample, as well as perform many other functions on their network traffic for monitoring and analysis.
This position is an opportunity to contribute to our product and team, as we continue to evolve our product to meet the demands of 5G core network and network virtualization.
- Design, prototype and iterate on creative concepts to meet our user requirements in a 5G environment (SA and NSA).
- Implement 5G core network related protocol parsers and logic to provide filtering and sampling on 5G mobile network parameters.
- Identifying methods for correlating user traffic to specific probes and patent methods.
- Participate in definition of new software product features and software.
- Rapidly solve problems and fix bugs.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Develop unit tests and perform feature/integration testing.
- Provide input and help resolve customer escalations for product issues.
- Use testing equipment or other popular traffic tools for traffic generation and protocol simulation.
- Collaborate closely with peers, including QA engineers and software developers in a distributed environment (US, Romania).
- Contribute new ideas and methods to continuously improve product quality and development efficiency.
- Understanding of 5G, the service based architecture and 5G protocols related to the core network.
- Knowledge of 3GPP standards, the associated core network protocols (e.g. one the S1u, S11, S5, SGi interfaces) and understanding the technology is a plus;
- Experience with security protocols (e.g. IPSec) is a plus.
- BS in computer science or related discipline.
- 3+ years experience developing software in C++ and C.
- Extremely good English verbal communications skills and a desire for strong team collaboration is a must in this Agile development environment.
- Excellent knowledge of data structures, algorithms and multi-threading;
- Over and above, a deep commitment to your own quality work and a strong desire to help the entire team to succeed.
- Knowledgeable about tools and debug techniques (Wireshark, Perforce, GIT, Jenkins).