Active Directory Team Manager
The Active Directory Team Manager leads a team that provides support, implementation, and design services for Microsoft Active Directory and Windows-based systems across the enterprise, including directory and identity management solutions. Resolves and appropriately completes assigned cases and change requests and acts as an escalation for support issues. Applies new solutions through research and collaboration with team and determines course of action for new application initiatives. Helps Implements new software solutions as required by the business. The core infrastructure technology duties include enterprise Microsoft Active Directory, global system security and policy configuration, and top-level support for enterprise-wide initiatives.
Global Leader in Augmented Identity and Biometrics, with extended experience in delivering public safety and national security solutions, digital payment technology, and biometric based hardware and software.
This role leads technical projects related to Active Directory and Directory Services and the supporting infrastructure. Includes interaction with multiple technology and service providers for implementation and operational services as well as interaction with application development teams for authentication/directory services application integration.
- Produce enterprise-level designs for Active Directory and identity management Services for global initiatives following those through to implementation via collaboration with project and support teams.
- Identify opportunities to innovate, extend and enhance service delivery everywhere possible.
- Own Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management for corporate Identity Management environment.
- Serves as escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
- Serves as the first line of escalation support for domain technology issues that cannot be resolved by tier one and two server support.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory and third party software utilities for hardware systems within company operational guidelines.
- Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps.
- Improve existing processes through solutions to recurring problems and enhancements to existing solutions or documentation.
- Provide training as required
Manage customer satisfaction through effectively communicating and managing customer expectations
Required technical skills:
- Experience working with Microsoft Identity technologies including Active Directory and Group Policies
- Strong experience working with Microsoft’s Tiered AD Environment
- Expert knowledge in administering Active Directory (AD) and GPO’s.
- Expert knowledge of AD, ADFS, PKI in Windows Server 2016
- Expert knowledge of DNS, DHCP, WINS
- Knowledge of Identity Management solutions (CyberArk), Microsoft Exchange
- Must have deep and thorough understanding of monitoring best practices
- Extensive experience with infrastructure and server theories, principles and concepts; application infrastructure and standards; networking fundamentals; Windows; Physical Server architecture; Virtualization Technologies (e.g. VMware, HyperV) and LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN network technologies.
- Develops, documents, and enforces the standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure integrity of the Windows Systems, Active Directory, and related systems.
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies, preferably VMware and/or Microsoft technologies
- ITIL v3 Certification.
Required professional skills:
- Minimum 7 years overall IT experience with 3-5 years of experience working with Microsoft Identity technologies including Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Must show a progressive advancement in responsibility including deep troubleshooting technical skills.
- Must have an understanding of how to identify and instill industry best practices.
- Ability to translate technical issues into understandable business language for end users.
- Team Player with proven leadership, communication, organizational, and strong interpersonal skills. The role requires significant interaction with many different teams across a global company.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with a “can do” attitude capable of overcoming difficult challenges.
- Self-motivated, with keen attention to detail and excellent judgment skills
- Ability to establish new standards for quality, performance or productivity
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills, strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, contractors, managers, 3rd parties, and customers as needed
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
Education: B.S. degree in a computer science, information technology, computer related discipline or 5+ years IT work experience in a global information technology infrastructure environment.
Language: Fluent in English