Agile QA Engineer Visibility
In this role, you will participate in the release processes by reviewing requirements for the upcoming features/capabilities to be tested. You will also have to contribute to automation by writing scripts for features owned. Products and features you will be working with will be in the Visibility, Security and virtualization area, getting in contact with latest technologies in these fields.
A network security company.
- Performing manual and automated testing of network products;
- Writing test automation code in Python;
- Performing verification testing on bug fixes. Analyse test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action;
- Tracking and managing progress of testing during release;
- Maintaining documentation of tests and test results to assist in debugging and modification of software;
- Offering feedback on future product ideas;
- Working effectively with the development teams on solutions for problems;
- Debug software and/or firmware following test protocol;
- Consulting on the creation of test plans for specific new products, features, or entire releases.
- Demonstrate ability to design and run manual test on new features with a goal to automate testing;
- Relevant experience in the networking industry with expertise in OSI models, Internet communications protocols including Ethernet and TCP/IP/HTTP, visibility and automation (Tcl, Python) knowledge being nice to have;
- Pro-active attitude and experience working in an Agile environment (rapid releases, Scrum or Kanban) and adapting QA coverage, automation to these workflows;
- Self-motivated, highly enthusiastic team player with strong analytical & problem-solving skills;
- CCNA 1,2,3,4.
- Experience with the following will be a plus:
- working technically & testing in virtualized environment (e.g. AWS/KVM/VMWare) and/or cloud (public/private) environment
- RESTful web service APIs
- network traffic generators
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Bachelor’s or higher degree (CS, CE, or EE) preferred.