Application Protocol Engineer
In this position you will get the chance to identify, research and implementing well-known
application and protocols on the Internet, thus enhancing the power of our next generation
traffic engine to simulate complex real-world traffic scenarios targeting infrastructure such as
Web Application Firewall, Next Generation Network Firewall, Server Load Balancers, Proxy
- You will incorporate RFC’s or other specifications on well-known protocols into the next generation products utilizing Python;
- For application protocols that are either proprietary or undocumented, you will setup an infrastructure to capture the traffic in order to understand the protocol, reverse engineer it, and incorporate it into the product;
- Identify and investigate application data in order to develop patterns (application signatures) that are able to detect and classify applications as part of proprietary discovery intelligence technologies.
- Good programming skills in Python;
- Deep understanding of the TCP/IP stack and OSI model;
- In-depth knowledge of protocol analyzers (e.g. Wireshark, Fiddler);
- Knowledge of application layer protocols;
- Creative problem solving approach to projects;
- Communicating and collaborating with others;
- College degree in CS or EE or equivalent experience;
- 1+ years of development experience.
- Network protocol development experience;
- Working knowledge of XML;
- Understanding of application data encoding and reverse engineering
- Experience with unit testing;
- Experience with Agile methodology;
- Experience with Continuous Integration;
- Experience with TDD;
- Experience with tools such as Vagrant, Docker, and/or LXC.