Business Protection Specialist – Security Patching – Unix
The Business Protection Specialist will be part of an international server security patching installation team which consists of technical specialists responsible for installing security patches and patch bundles on all servers. This role will contribute as well to the PULS (Patching Uplift Security) & GOVMP (Global Operations Vulnerabilities Management Program) programs by building a new structured service to ensure a proactive and preventive patching of the whole installed baseline.
Global Telecom Technology Center
- Ensure that O.S. patching activities will be performed in order to guarantee the maximum security level of infrastructure;
- Maintain current knowledge of available patches;
- Ensure that patches are installed properly;
- Test systems after installation and documenting all associated procedures.
Automation of patching and vulnerability
- Contribute to the implementation of automated patching and vulnerability mechanism by using BladeLogic automation platform.
Quality Improvement Initiatives
- Promote and support on improvement initiatives within the company group organization.
- Good knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, HP-UX, Solaris, AIX;
- OS patching knowledge (RedHat Satellite and/or HP Ignite-UX and/or Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center and/or IBM BigFix Support Center);
- Good troubleshooting skills;
- Good knowledge of BMC Bladelogic Server Automation Suite;
- Good understanding of Veritas Cluster Suite technologies, High Availability principles, virtualisation principles/technologies;
- Good knowledge of UNIX scripting: bash, ksh, perl;
- Well-developed understanding of IT Operations and IT Cloud Computing with an emphasis on vulnerability assessment, security patching and hardening;
- Fluent English (minimum level required: B2).
- Private medical and dental care insurance;
- Life insurance;
- Dedicated employee phone subscription;
- Special discounts for gyms and retailers;
- Project specific training;
- A youthful and multicultural working environment with dedicated professionals and great development opportunities.