Senior Data Center Engineer
The employing company is a world leader in digital security solutions for the mobility space, developing inovating producs in the fields of: Augumented identity, biometrics, identity and data security, mobile payments.
- Assist support staff as/when required in order to meet deadlines and Infrastructure support priorities.
- Provide input as required on product and system specific functionality, configuration and usage for training and documentation purposes.
- Share skills and experience with other groups within the organization, with the aim of establishing consistency and improving quality within the company.
- Proactive and promptly identify and assist to resolve any relevant key issues and/or risks.
- Understand, follow and improve upon all formally communicated methodologies, processes, policies, and values. Focusing always on delivering consistent, reliable, repeatable, scalable and quality outcomes.
- Provide support and encouragement to other team members and participate in the up–skilling and training of colleagues and new staff.
- Analyze failure and ensure operational recovery within agreed SLA through standard procedures.
- Work on continuous improvement process by analyzing recurrent incidents and designing long term solutions.
- Propose improvements of the monitoring setup.
- Address any non-compliances in timely and orderly manner.
- Work independently / a quick learner with ability to implement workarounds through the proper guidance of Support standards and conventions.
- Able to work flexible hours if needed.
- Available to come to Data Center for technical support in case of emergencies.
- Able to travel as and when reasonably requested.
- All other duties as requested by Management.
- In depth knowledge of Linux (configuration and management)
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows Server
- Network Security and system hardening
- Docker usage knowledge
- Server installation (Linux & MS)
- Hardware knowledge
- Perform routine security tasks in accordance with security compliance standards
- Configuration of physical servers (raid controllers + hardware components)
- Install and Update Windows/Linux OS, system patches, Antiviruses etc.
- Troubleshoot reported incidents
- Assist and supervise all activities done by the visitors of the data center.
- Experience with Cryptographic module (HSM)
- Experience with salt-states & Kubernetes
- Previous data center experience
- Knowledge of JIRA ticketing system
- Batch programming, monitoring, basic administration tasks and knowledge of the tools for Linux and Windows operating systems
- Shell, Python Programming
- Network and telecom knowledge
- Web: Tomcat, Apache, JBOSS application server
- N-tier architectures, High availability, Clusters
- Databases: Oracle DB, MySQL, Maria DB database knowledge
- Programming knowledge in C/C++, Java
- Security and key encryption mechanism
- Experience in Open Source projects and tools suites a plus.
- University degree in the field of engineering, computer science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Logical security teams
- Other Support teams
- Operations Service Managers
- Delivery and deployment teams.
- Third party vendors
- Business partners
- Logical auditors.
- The DC engineer must be curious, autonomous and highly motivated by new information technologies, as the tasks require performing in-depth technical tests with problem and root cause analysis.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently or with diverse groups around the world
- Other languages a plus (French, Polish)
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to details
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other third party companies
- Ability to work and interact effectively in a team environment.
This job supposes physical presence in the data center, with the specific work conditions (climate, noise, limited use of internet), for around 4-5 hours/week (cumulated).