Data Centre – Network implementation Engineer
Delivery of data centre network configurations and implementations for Global Data Centres in order to support reliable and secure hosted and collaborative services across the whole Network in Europe with focus on the services hosted in the managed datacentres.
Accountable for the Low Level Design, network implementation, optimization, testing and quality assurance activities in the Global Data Centres (main managed network elements: routers, switches, load balancers, Cisco ACI , Firewalls, PKI, Proxies and services implementation over them). Responsible for IP connectivity implementation based on customer demand.
Multinational Telecom Company.
- Develop network configuration scripts for the Global Data Centre connectivity according the agreed design
- Review design document
- Align with the customer and design teams on the priority and type of connectivity needed
- Ownership of the country Network Connectivity Low Level Designs as well as define templates, modularize and industrialize configuration items and their implementation.
- Deploy the network fit for purpose including to understand how our services/applications layer will work across the network (capacity, capability, utilisation)
- Deliver optimal implementation process that ensures quality.
- Decrease the design and implementation costs and to achieve a harmonized & simplified network infrastructure
- Defining, planning and scheduling activities and interventions and support the Change Management Process
- Quality assurance and optimisation in the design and implementation process
- Support, Test & Accept / Audit the deployed solution
- Document the configuration change and also the rollback plan associated to each change
- Network standardization across global datacenters:
- Drive network standards across Local markets
- Drive + Support Network innovations
- Actively influences operational efficiency and operability of the deployed connectivity solutions
- Seeks clarification of risks before taking action to guarantee business continuity
This is a new team which will be composed of 6 Engineers with different levels of experience.
Requirements for Junior to Mid-level Engineers :
- 2-3 years of experience in IP, troubleshooting and implementation.
- Previous experience in Support or Operations teams.
- Knowledge of Telecom network equipment and/or data center infrastructure.
Requirements for Senior Engineers :
- Good knowledge of the Data Centre network infrastructure
- Good knowledge of Network equipment operation (Cisco router and switches, F5 Load Balancers and Juniper Firewalls) and of TCP/IP, Routing and switching Protocols
- Good knowledge of telecommunications network systems and their services
- Good knowledge of cloud and NFV technologies (ACI, OpenStack, NSX, …)
- Good knowledge of VCE (vBlock) and HPE (C7000) products
Any of the following would represent a big plus, for either roles:
- Experience with cloud and NFV technologies from Cisco, HPE and/or VMware
- Experience in Low level design
- Relevant experience in data center environment
- Experience with Juniper Equipments and services
- Knowledge of scripting, network automation (Ansible) and programing (Python)
- Desired Vendor Certifications (nice to have for any level of experience)
- Cisco (CCNA, CCNP or CCIE)
- VMWare (certificates for vSphere, NSX, vRealize )
- HPE (certificates for data centre, SDN and cloud solutions)
- VCE (VCE-CIA, VCE-CIAE or VCE-CIMAE)
- F5 ( BIG-IP Administrator, LTM Specialist)