Performs activities related to the design and implementation of new solutions and related activities of software development and ensures database performance. Ensures takeover of activities from the build area for new platforms.
Develops scripts/programs that help expand the functionalities of IT solutions and automates recurring activities.
Liaises with the client: evaluates customer requests for providing new services, comes with proposals for way of increasing the team performance and for changing the operational model used for interfacing with clients.
Technology Center of a multinational telecom company.
- Provides Level4, Level3, Level2 and Level1 support for Databases and related incidents and problems.
- Develop scripts/programs for extending functionality of IT solutions or for automating recurring activities.
- Makes technical investigations for performance incidents and examines issues arising in order to determine the causes and provide / propose solutions to solve the identified problems.
- Defines technical requirements, designs, configures and implements solutions that contain databases.
- Optimize the existing solutions by redefining database architecture or by making software upgrades to increase efficiency and to meet the new requirements of the business.
- Ensures operation performance parameters as imposed, integrity and security of databases for IT and telecom applications. Provides support for implementing projects at high quality and efficiency standards.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle database administration or Microsoft Sql Server
- Advanced knowledge of SQL tuning
- Knowledge of programming in PL/SQL and shell UNIX/Linux
- Knowledge of Oracle RAC technology, Data Guard, Grid/Cloud Control, RMAN, Datapump and so on
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Understanding IT Service Management concepts (ex. ISO20000 standard)
- Very good knowledge of the principles SOX
- Very good knowledge of general security principles
English (written and spoken) – fluent