Hardware Solutions – Project Manager
By joining our team, beside an attractive salary package, you’ll have the opportunity to work as part of an innovative, high-performance team in a secure, pleasant and dynamic work environment.
Hardware Solutions is an organization in our client’s Chief Technology Office, which is dedicated to the design and manufacturing of electronic systems and boards for client’s internal engineering needs, as well as external customer projects. The team encompasses 200+ engineers in 10+ worldwide locations and includes: schematic design, PCB layout, product, test, mechanical, thermal and PI/SI engineers, project and region managers, as well as own Purchase, Quality and Warehousing/Distribution organizations.
- Coordinate project plan execution and collaborates with various functional levels, including Marketing, Procurement, Product Engineering, Planning, Program Management & Vendors to meet schedule and budget targets.
- Obtain quotes from vendors and manage project purchase orders through production release.
- Pursue and support cost reduction activities to achieve established company goals.
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve engineering and manufacturing related issues and have a thorough understanding of PCB & PCBA manufacturing.
- Interacts with Contract Manufacturers (CM) to resolve component procurement issues, and review the production cost.
- Address vendor and CM issues including delivery, quality, and costs through corrective actions.
- Capability to accurately and efficiently work on multiple projects
- Participate in peer reviews of program management and contract manufacturing to improve hardware development process across the Board Solutions Group.
- Possess a detailed knowledge of the PLM & ERP systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of BOM structure and change control processes.
- Review and approve Engineering Change Orders (ECO) applicable to products.
- Provide technical support via direct communication to internal customers & contract manufacturer.
- Schedule first article acceptance by stakeholders including Out of Box Experience (OOBE) and System Validation Test (SVT) when required
- Work cross functionally to ensure the resolution of problems and actions as needed
- Good interpersonal and training skills
- Ability to work within strict deadlines
- Minimum of 8 years experiences in project management.
- Experience with RoHS, REACH and WEEE directives
- Excellent knowledge in DFM, PCB Fabrication and PCB Assembly process.
- Prior experience with IPC-A-610, & IPC-A-600, as well as other applicable standards.
- Good knowledge in component engineering & ROHS.
- Be familiar with Agile Product Database Management is a PLUS.
- Knowledge and ability to understand and apply process audit principles (ISO9001) is a PLUS.
- LEAN or process improvement practical application experience desirable
- Familiar with CAD software, such as AutoCAD, Solidworks, Allegro Cadence, CADCAM350 & GC-Prevue.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management tools, such as Sciforma & Ms Project.
- Working Experiences in contract manufacturing is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good teamwork adaptability, good oral and written English skills, self-motivated.
- Have a determined mindset and personal commitment to high quality work with schedule.
- Ability to do occasional travel on an ‘as required’ basis.