Capacity Management – DC Infrastructure
Role purpose: Assure that cost conscious, optimal balance between business requirements and the datacenter resources provided by the group is achieved , considering all Group Data Centre managed Local Markets and IS Internal departments.
Technology Center of a multinational telecom company.
- Produce and distribute capacity dashboards and reports, which include system metrics and associated trends (CPU, memory, network and storage utilization)
- Produce workload-related capacity plans, with deeper investigation of resource usage and application workloads: aggregate and analyse data, identifying correlations between KPIs for business activity and resource consumption; analyze time trends and patterns, model the behaviour of
resources against changes in application load and/or variations in technical configuration.
- Capacity-related consultancy:
- Joint activity performed in full collaboration with the local market like assessment of capacity and infrastructure resource usage for major projects.
- Design and maintain an effective process for Shared Estate environments management, to ensure a correct sizing to support existing workloads and accept incoming demand for new projects and initiatives;
- Supports the analysis of the technical issues encountered in the Incidents and the identification of the technical teams that need to be involved in this process in order to offer technical consultancy;
- Assists the core team of technical members by using the Technical Solving Techniques for identifying the root cause and solutions (hardware / software / process) and supports with the follow-up of the technical implementation and the results of the performed hardware/software/process changes;
- Ensure the continual improvement in Capacity Management process, operational models, measurement, analysis and planning tools, in close collaboration with Technology Architecture and anticipating the evolution of the data centre standard solutions.
- Capacity Management Tool :
- BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimizer (TSCO) usage, administration and troubleshooting
- Design, develop and deploy solution based automation scripts for the tool and its related ETL components
- Build and deploy bash/shell scripts in order to enhance tool capability
- Download, test and apply tool version upgrades/patches using vendor custom scripts
- Thorough knowledge of Data Centre IT standards, processes and architecture with a focus on capacity planning or infrastructure performance management.
- Database infrastructure architectures Strong knowledge of Oracle database technology. Knowledge of additional database technologies (such as MS SQL, Sybase, …)
- Windows/*nix/VMware infrastructure architectures and system administration
- Knowledge of additional virtualization technologies (such as Solaris, AIX, …)
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written), ability to translate complex ideas into simple concepts and influence at all levels of senior management.
- Problem solving skills and methods
- Good skills in time management and planning (estimation and tracking of activities effort, managing of complex project activities)
Any of the following would represent a plus:
- Strong understanding of ITIL, ITIL foundation certification is appreciated
- Good understanding of SOX and Security regulations
- Knowledge of any development/scripting languages (such as Java, Phyton, Perl, …)
- Structured knowledge and hands-on experience in statistics, data analysis, modelling, reporting, and presentation
- ER models,Business Intelligence, SQL programming, PL/SQL, PowerBI report development