Innovation Database Engineer – Junior / Technical Analyst
Technology center of a multinational telecom company.
- Provide contribution in technology IT framework definition for the evaluation of new Databases technical products.
- Learn how to scout and evaluate new Database technologies (on-prem and Cloud solution) and participate on operating model and reference implementation design definition.
- Participate to selection and delivery activities around database area with focusing on technologies like DBaaS in public, private or hybrid cloud, relational (e.g. PostgreSQL, MSSQL, Oracle, MariaDB) and NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB) databases.
- Collaboration with international customers in cross-cultural teams is substantial in infrastructure services.
- Participate in defining the steps of technology lifecycle: Scouting, Proof of Concepts, Minimum Valuable Product and Industrialization
- Improve skills in database and communication areas by shadowing senior team members
- Elaborate solutions based on asset Lifecycle Management requirements
- Learn to define key topics which can be used to promote customer satisfaction demonstrating functionalities
- Attend specific and ad-hoc sessions with analyst from research company e.g. Gartner, IDC
- Participate in training sessions to learn new technologies and functionalities
- Keep track of component and solution catalogue for finalized technology validations with reference design
- Passion for DB Tools & Technologies
- Ideally some knowledge in scripting (python, Perl, bash, chef, terraform), automation
and Operating Systems
- Curiosity, self-initiative and strong analytical and conceptual skills, combined with a
- Interest and passion for the future of technologies
- A good academic degree, ideally focusing on computer science, mathematics, statistics or data science
- Ability to contribute and collaborate with virtual teams in different organizational trees
- Fluent in English with ability to communicate at all levels, dealing with multicultural environments
- Desire to develop technical skills and start a career into technology innovation
- Work with senior team members to define technical guidance for the introduction of new Database technologies to allow company’s business functions and local markets to realize their strategy. This involves the participation in the following activities:
- Create high-level design for new cloud Database products based on IaaS and DBaaS infrastructure, which will be adopt in global Datacentres with the focus to support Cloud ready cloud native applications;
- Provide technical documentation as well as consultancy to internal Group Data Centre teams and Local Markets ensuring TDO strategy is followed;
- Guide implementation projects that introduces / evolve with new technologies and ensure timely delivery of innovative new designs;
- Plan and organize technical workshops with potential vendors and internal teams for evaluating new innovative technologies to be used;