IT Security Advisors provide network and data security functions for the company's global client base. IT Security Advisor will answer inbound phone calls, address customer emails, prepare and implement changes on firewalls and troubleshoot issues on customer firewalls.
All work is tracked via a ticket based CRM system. Applicants must demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, possess analytical and troubleshooting skills, be capable of maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction, and be able to work in a team-orientated environment.
- Responsible for making intermediate device configuration changes and working with customers to troubleshoot network and security related issues pertaining to firewalls
- Responsible for answering inbound calls and emails from customers, create tickets for all work, and address customer requests or issues
- Perform security audits on manages client devices
- Discover unused/overlapping rules, unused/duplicate objects, unsecure rules/services in security policies and advice on corrective and optimization actions
- Handle escalations from first level analysts and provide mentoring
- Supporting fellow team members with calls and technical issues
- Meet service level objectives related to device change processing
- Set clear expectations and provide timely follow-up to customers as appropriate
- Manage, participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management
- Maintain keen understanding of evolving Internet threats to ensure the security of company’s customers’ networks
- Participate in knowledge sharing with other analysts and develop customer solutions efficiently
- Perform other essential duties as assigned
- Initial assignment of 12 months with possibility to extend
- Good understanding of Linux, UNIX and Windows.
- Good understanding of the OSI model, including TCP/IP and key application level protocols
- Good understanding of network services, exploits, vulnerabilities and attacks.
- Good networking expertise and understanding of routing principles and networking fundamentals, well known protocols and command line interfaces.
- Good understanding of Packet Analysis Tools (TCPDUMP, Wireshark, Ngrep, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving skills and keen ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Well-spoken and articulate containing an attention to detail with excellent writing abilities.
- Must be able to communicate technical details in a clear, understandable manner.
- Dedication to customer service and passion for learning and security
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related discipline and 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Current certification for enterprise security platforms such as:
- CCSA, CCSE, CCNA Security, PCNSA, PCNSE or NSE (4-8)
- Hands on experience with two or more of the following firewalls technologies:
- Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Fortinet or Check Point