Java Developer – Augmented Identity and Biometrics Projects
Have the opportunity to work on developing cutting edge technology in fields like Augmented Identity, Biometrics and Digital Security.
The Engineer implements specific requirements by analyzing, developing, configuring and customizing IT solutions based on biometric systems. Specific software components concern a very large scope of functionalities that could be very technical or heavily linked to the customer business process. Work is performed within a larger team, distributed across multiple countries.
The employing company is a world leader in digital security solutions for the mobility space, developing inovating producs in the fields of: Augumented identity, biometrics, identity and data security, mobile payments.
- Understands and analyzes requirements, business processes, data format specifications, interface specifications etc.
- Participates in design and planning activities, following Agile or mixed methodologies.
- Collaborates with main project members (e.g. business analysts, architects, subject matter expert etc) to implement appropriated solutions.
- Identifies, defines and communicates technical tasks that need to be performed to meet customer requirements within constraints of technology.
- Creates technical documentation such as installation/configuration/maintenance procedures.
- Tests, identifies and reports issues in product and product customization.
- Configures and customizes Biometric Information System products (java, XML, JSON, database).
- Communicates progress, issues and identified risks on daily basis.
- Supports planning by breaking larger tasks into smaller ones and estimating effort for specific tasks.
- Deploys customized solutions to production systems.
- Maintains customization code and customer specific components.
- Analyzes and identifies issues on production systems and provides support when required.
- Maintains/acquires required skills as product and assignments evolve.
Requirements and expected knowledge depend on the level of experience (junior to senior, 1.5 to 5+ years)
- Strong skills in Java programming language, including standard tools (e.g. Maven, JUnit etc).
- Good understanding of JEE ecosystem and practices (e.g. CDI, JPA, JAX-RS, JMS etc).
- Experience with Java Enterprise Edition and Weblogic/JBOSS/Wildfly application servers.
- Good/Strong skills in Relational Databases and SQL (e.g. Oracle, Derby, MySQL etc).
- Experience with Source Control and Issue Tracking systems (e.g. SVN, GIT, JIRA etc).
- Strong English Skills (especially in writing)
Nice to have: (having some of the following would represent a big advantage, especially for seniors)
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Experience with Active Directory and LDAP
- Experience with JasperReports or Oracle BI.
- Experience with Clustering and High Availability solutions.
- Comfortable with computer networking and network protocols (e.g. HTTP, SSL etc.).
- Experience with DevOps technologies (e.g. Docker, OpenStack etc)
- Experience with a recent frontend framework (e.g. Angular).
- Experience with fingerprint, facial or other biometric technologies (e.g. software, standards, devices).