Main scope of the job is to upgrade of current Redhat Linux Servers from EOSL versions to supported versions. Secondary scope of the job would be operational activity: incident management, change management, problem management on the supported infrastructure (Unix/Linux). Operate, run and support best-in-class platforms and solutions while improving the cooperation between Infrastructure Operations and Local Markets. Is accountable for ensuring specific care of Linux/Unix based solutions, ensuring a proper technical support during any lifecycle phase. Also to support the implementation of new services within our data centres. Maintain Linux environments which support company’s key business applications.
Day to day activities Operational activity on supported infrastructure:
a) Incident management
b) Change management
c) Problem management Uplift/upgrades activities on Redhat Enterprise Linux servers
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Ability to make considered decisions about the best use of technology in large enterprise environments • Expertise of server virtualisation technologies
• Expert understanding of hardware and software interfaces
• Maintain Linux environments which support company’s key business applications.
• Provide best customer experience on service performance due to regular system reviews and pro-active performance and resilience improvements
• Direct interaction with internal / external customers and vendor management.
• Lead in professional competence and give directions in developing expertise.
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
• more than 6 years’ experience Redhat Linux.
• Ansible experience
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Expert technical understanding of deployed infrastructure
• Understanding of SOX, ITIL and IT-Service Management
• Excellent communication and leadership capabilities.
• Being able to influence stakeholders and customer satisfaction