We seek an experienced, technically strong developer to work in support of major product deliverables. He or She will be expected to be very hands on, delivering on projects and helping to architect and design the system flows required in support of the projects. He or she will contribute to fulfilment of the overall technical direction of the group dictated by the Global Development Lead.
Content Management System is a rules engine for the financial securities related data that is sent to our clients. It is built using a containerized microservices architecture with AWS tech stack and .NET Core. We use ECS (and ECR), Amazon Aurora RDS (with PostgreSQL), SecretsManager, SNS, Liquibase and a fully automated pipeline on GitLab.
- Design and develop software solutions in an agile environment to solve complex financial business problems
- Immerse in the business domain, identifying innovative solutions and technologies that could benefit our business
- Communicate effectively with onshore & off-shore teams to capture requirements and relay team progress
- Work with the operations team to ensure technology platform is fit for purpose and acquire feedback for areas of improvement
- Provide technical direction, leadership and mentorship to a heterogeneous team of developers engaging in application support as well as strategic development
- Own project lifecycles, from conception through to maintenance and support
- Shadow offshore teams and occasionally provide out of hours support.
- At least 5 years’ development experience across C# or Java application development, REST APIs OO design patterns, multi-threading, asynchronous paradigms and distributed systems design
- Extensive experience working with databases including SQL databases (SQL Server preferable)
- Experience with code repository and continuous integration tools such as Git & Artifactory
- Demonstrable experience of working on highly transactional, available and scalable business critical systems
- Good understanding of software architecture; understanding component and application breakdown and interaction
- DotNet 4.5 and above
- IIS – Setup, Configuration and maintenance.
- Develop application code and write corresponding unit tests
- Experience with RESTful services
- Hand on and implements complex C# applications, designing and developing distributed cloud ready systems
It’s a bonus if you also have:
- Understanding of financial markets & Index & ETF products
- Understanding and working knowledge of AWS cloud services (Lambda, SQS, SNS, S3, Dynamo DB, Step Functions, EC2, Fargate etc.)