Network & Security Senior Engineer – Global Infrastructure
The Senior Network Engineer is a hands-on role responsible for the delivery of robust and agile network and network security platform designs and integrations, will work closely together with our Enterprise architects and subject matter experts.
The role requires you to be the linking pin between the customer(internal) request and the team as well as provide expert technical assistance to team members with high-level system and networking requests.
- Create/Plan cost-effective solutions
- Drive and implement solutions
- Configure/integrate solutions to network
- Maintain a stable and optimized network
- Act on continuous improvement plans
- Taking the lead in escalations for high profile incidents, taking personal ownership of communication/escalation as necessary
- Receive and resolve incidents and Service Requests (SR’s) via the incident management tool while adhering to the associated SLA
- Raise/implement Change Requests via the service management tool
- Attend meetings relating to the on-boarding of new systems, clients, stakeholders into Technology Support.
- Delivering detailed HLD documents
- Maintains architecture and design guideline documents and templates
- Propose cost savings and consolidations
- Contribute to the training and awareness of current and new staff;
- Participate in the out-of-hours on-call rotation providing expert and professional technical support to the business
- Hands-on network experience in a large, structured, enterprise environment
- Good experience in and strong knowledge of a range of network and network security platforms ( JNCIE/CCIE level ) on Platforms including:
- Juniper and Cisco ISP & Enterprise Routing/Switching
- Juniper and Cisco Security appliances
- F5 Products including LTM / GTM
- Cisco UCS/ACI
- Bluecoat proxy appliances
- Good understanding of
- TCP/IP and networking technologies/protocols
- In specific ISIS, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, L3VPN, NG-MVPN, Multicast
- Network supporting systems like DNS, NTP
- Infoblox and other IPAM solutions
- Basic understanding of Linux/Windows is a must
- Experience of working in an ITIL controlled environment.
- Proven track record of customer liaison and fault management with experience in a support and/or NOC environment.
- Play a key part in the lifecycle of new client services, from design and development, through to implementation and on-going support
- Carry out issue investigation, troubleshooting, and remediation, including root cause analysis.
- Perform proactive reviews of the current architecture and configuration to ensure best security practices and standards are applied at all times.
- Apply and enforce systems security processes, policies, and tools as defined by the Head of Information Security, across the business to protect the integrity of systems and to ensure full compliance with corporate and legal requirements
- Highlight areas of concern, and ideas for improvement, when there is belief that systems or services could be impacted or improved.
- Responsible for ensuring the live environment is available to the business and is not compromised by project developments or routine BAU changes.
- Perform firmware/software upgrades to all deployed security technologies on a regular basis to ensure the most appropriate level of security and functionality is maintained at all times.
- Advise, and support the Technical Support teams and business managers on security issues
- Implement and maintain security policies as defined by the Information Security Manager.
- Assist in the development of current operational processes and documentation or creation if they currently don’t exist.