NFV & SDN Design Senior Engineer
– Running Network Virtual Infrastructure design and capacity planning activities, in accordance with the strategy and the goals of the design team for the European markets. It includes SDN design for intra/inter Data Center connectivity. Particular technology focus on hypervisor (VMware, Openstack), computing, storage, network, NVI Lifecycle Management Support and new Infrastructure capabilities evolution design.
– Assuring compliancy check vs. blueprint and proposing workarounds to mitigate gaps between the NFV/SDN architecture and blueprint (if any) to enable and support telco over cloud adoption.
- Analyse, evaluate and work-out the requirements for a demand in accordance to the Demand Management Process
- Manage the project life cycle, coordinating suppliers engage with peers and other stakeholders during the development and implementation phase in accordance to the Delivery Management Process
- Prepare mid and long term technology plan, in line with Vendor’s roadmap and technology evolution, to cope with customers’ and traffic growth ensuring service quality and network performance according to business requirements
- Prepare mid and long term financial planning activities (Detailed budget, regular budget updates and Long Range Plan)
- Evaluate Vendors’ technical and commercial offers and support SCM and VPC activities during commercial negotiations with the Vendors.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Customer oriented and systematic way of working
- Ability to work across multi-functional and cultural boundaries to deliver results and change
- Strong individual thinking & judgment
- Ideally Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Several years professional experience in telecommunication or IT
- Knowledge of IT standards
- ITIL, ETOM and project management techniques (e.g. Prince2) knowledge
- Strong focus on engineering and architecture of NFV/SDN solutions
- In-depth knowledge of data center infrastructure, cloud, virtualization architectures and operational processes
- Cloud computing architecture and design (IT and Telco)
- Telco OSS/BSS Solutions.