Production Deployment Engineer
World leader in digital security solutions for the mobility space.
- Implements deployments to preproduction and production environments, including pre-installation, configuration, and testing of the solutions developed by OT. Accordingly, technical knowledge and skills in areas such as database usage, network protocols and Linux familiarity are required.
- Supports the management of environmental dependencies and constraints during solution deployment to ensure smooth transitions to OT Support organisation.
- Supports the preparations for deployments and maintenance of the production environments. So ensure accurate delivery as well as provide control that all changes are done in a documented way.
- Performs validation of changes received from development and project teams as part of the delivery process.
- Performs maintenance upgrades and patching of preproduction and productions systems with further testing and documentation of the test results
- Documents the setup of production environments in order to transfer the system to Support teams.
- Experience with Linux (preferably Ubuntu), including scripting (shell, Python, etc.).
- Experience with deployments of multi-tier software systems.
Nice To Have
- Experience with Puppet, Git, Tomcat, Docker, Kubernetes is a big plus
- Basic knowledge of networks, network protocols, setup of the network elements
- Basic knowledge of MySQL and/or generic SQL database concepts and operations.
- Experience with different stages of software development lifecycles and software development fundamentals.
- Experience with the execution of test strategies, plans, and scripts.
- Experience with preparation of project documentation