In this role, you will participate in the release processes by reviewing requirements for the upcoming features/capabilities to be tested. You will also develop and manage system test plans and test cases for the relevant contents and perform test execution of such plans/cases.
A network security company.
- Reviewing features and/or feature specifications for usability and testability;
- Designing test strategies for assigned features with time, equipment, and maximized, best test coverage in mind;
- Tracking, managing, and communicating progress of testing during release;
- Working manual testing & automating tests including functional, performance, & stress test scenarios;
- Where applicable being a part of an Agile Scrum team aiming to achieve Continuous Integration/Delivery (CI/CD) and Continuous Improvements (e.g. defect escape analysis & RCA);
- Performing analysis of potential failures and documenting defects once confirmed. Performing verification testing for bug fixes;
- Collaborating with Support & Sales to investigate customer issues & consider as input to test coverage improvements;
- Maintain system test equipment and test environment where assigned and applicable.
- Experience in test engineer role;
- Building automation frameworks and automating L 2-3 and/or L 4-7 networking protocols and technologies is preferred;
- Strong track records and experiences in test automation using object-oriented programming languages (Python preferred);
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills;
- Self-motivated; highly enthusiastic team player with strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
Experience with the following will be a plus:
- Working technically & testing in virtualized environment (e.g. AWS/KVM/VMWare) and/or cloud (public/private) environment;
- Experience with building CI/CD environments, would be a plus experience with Jenkins;
- Robot framework familiarity is a plus as well;
- Network traffic generators;
- Bachelor’s or higher degree (CS, CE, or EE) preferred;
- Previous working experience in an Agile Scrum development process is a plus, test driven development background and working closely with the Scrum team, developers to build functionality and automation are highly valued.