Working in a small dedicated team, you will be responsible for our roaming and international services.
This includes fault finding and tracing as well as managing the setting up of new roaming networks around
• Investigate inbound & outbound roaming faults in order to restore service for the customer using
the relevant traces of MAP,CAMEL, SS7/ISUP,SIGTRAN, MNP, SCCP and IP,SIP,GTP.
• Work closely with Roaming Partners, 3rd party suppliers and element owners within 2nd line
• Raise work orders / change requests to implement roaming partners IR21 changes of NDC, IP and
GT on the network.
• Deliver reactive management, responding to support requests, Remedy, e-mail and escalations.
• Assist VRS to test new roaming services to ensure services are working before launch.
• Assist the VRS team during the stability period to ensure support calls are resolved.
• Requests and incidents responded to, and fixed within SLA
• Provide clear, concise communications to the stakeholders.
• Solid troubleshooting methodology.
• Good knowledge of 2G/3G/4G Inbound / Outbound Voice & Data Roaming call flows,
International SMS, MMS & MNP and 2G/3G/4G, GRX, roaming service network architecture and
service specific support tools.
• Good working knowledge of Geoprobe and Wireshark tracing functionality
• Good knowledge of SS7, Sigtran , MAP and CAMEL Protocols
• Knowledge of SIP / RTP Protocols.
• Understanding of HLR profiles BOAC, BOIC, BOICEXHC.
• 3+ years operational experience of IT/Telecom support