Security Research Engineer – IoT Security
The company is on the forefront of technology innovation, delivering breakthroughs and trusted insights to the world’s visionaries and innovators in electronic design, test, manufacturing, and optimization.
They’re recognized as a Great Place to Work across the globe due to the robust culture and dynamic working environment. Their global team acts as one, using collaboration, inclusivity, and integrity to advance technology. They’re driven and curious, and value all ideas, especially bold ones. And their strong culture extends far beyond their own walls. They leverage their corporate social responsibility framework to support communities, nurture the next generation of engineers, and promote environmental sustainability. Their technical solutions – and also the methods for creating them – help connect and secure the world.
Their ~14,000 employees create world-class solutions in wireless communications, 5G, automotive, quantum, aerospace, defense, and semiconductor markets for customers in over 100 countries.
About the team:
Currently they are a senior team of 5 working in an Agile environment with a strong emphasis on communication and teamwork.
IoT Security is their new security product, auditing the interfaces for an IoT Device, like Bluetooth, WIFI, Ethernet. In this role, you will get the chance to interact and discover new vulnerabilities, exploits for IoT Devices or any other connected device with an interface. Some examples of recent disclosed vulnerabilities: BRAKTOOTH, SweynTooth, SPARROW, etc.
- Relevant experience in security research (and/or development) related projects
- Build/enhance tools to be integrated in our IoT Security Assessment product using Python, Docker, Bash
- Research new vulnerabilities that can be integrated in the product
- It will involve interacting with project managers, leads, software developers and QA team to understand, scope, prioritize and specify the required features, designing and implementing the solutions, performing development testing, optimizing, and performing bug-fixing to deliver high quality releases on time
- Work with other engineers to identify & work on patenting unique & innovative solutions
- Create new audits and assessments.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills with a drive to attain a combined success.
- Broad knowledge of network protocols, Bluetooth, WIFI.
- Good programming skills in multiple languages (Python, scripting, etc).
- Linux knowledge (usage/configuring/troubleshooting).
- Creative, problem-solving approach to projects.
- Docker experience is a plus
- College degree in CS or EE or equivalent experience.
- Relevant experience in security research position.
- Reliable and dependable team player.
- Great attention to detail and personal quality assurance.
- Previous experience with version control software (Git/Bitbucket is a plus).
How will this project benefit you?
In this role, you will get the chance to interact with the latest vulnerabilities and threats on the Internet.
You will witness new features being developed and will have the opportunity to contribute from the beginning. These experiences will enhance your skills and expertise in automation.
An attractive employee benefits package which covers personal and professional development tools, medical subscription for employee and family, flexible working hours, work from home, competitive salary package based on performance, access to sport activities, free fruits and vegetables, tea, coffee and others.