Senior DB Engineer in Development
This role is part of the development team and is involved in the entire development lifecycle, with main responsibilities in DB Development and customization, migrations/upgrade, performance optimizations until deployment in production).
Global Leader in Augmented Identity and Biometrics, with extended experience in delivering public safety and national security solutions, digital payment technology, and biometric based hardware and software.
You will play major role within the team that develops state of the art products, with plenty of opportunities to advance your technical skills and get exposure to new technologies. You will design, develop, customize and maintain software components and support integration and deployment with your expertise. You will also work on improving the team performance by coaching more junior members, actively identify and propose new ways to make things work better.
- Participate in design and planning activities, following Agile methodology
- Participate in the definition and implementation of data migration solutions
- Clarify and refine requirements with Product Owner/Business Analyst
- Create and review technical documentation and specifications related to migration
- Write SQL scripts and tools for data searches and export / import
- Deploy and support deployment of database solutions on customer’s site
- Install, implement and upgrade DBMS installations
- Investigate, track and resolve issues related to database on customer’s site
- Provide guidance and support to Application Developers
- Be the technical reference on multiple subjects related to DB systems
- Develop more complex or optimize queries for reporting
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Solid 6 years in database development (SQL) with exposure to different DBMS.
- Excellent knowledge of Standard SQL, PL/SQL, PL/pgSQL and/or Transact-SQL
- Excellent understanding of data and schema standards and concepts
- Advanced verbal and written skills in English.
Desired/ Nice to have:
- Advanced experience with database standards and end user applications
- Database design, implementation, optimization, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Very good knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity, ACID
- Experience with Jasper reports
- Linux scripting