As a CI/DevOps engineer you are responsible for:
- leading and contributing to the DevOps activities.
- actively contribute to the definition of Source Code Structure, Branching, Baseline strategies.
- working with SW architects to understand the product details and the SW development needs and find the process or tools to support the SW development.
- working with IT team to get the right infrastructure support in place for SW development activities.
- Keeping track of the deliverables and work with multiple project teams to deliver the production SW binaries on time.
- automatically generate reports for your team.
- participate to Business Line wide alignment in your domain.
- automating the manual operations with Re useable tools.
- creating tools for standardizing the configuration management or release management process.
- integrate the Code Quality tools like Coverity, QAC etc.., in the CI set up
- performing analysis on the SW build process, Build related tools, Continuous Integration methods and tools.
To be successful in this role you have:
- setting up multi-team SW integration,
- Jenkins or a similar Continuous Integration tool,
- Infrastructure management,
- setting up and configuring virtualization,
- Software Configuration Management concepts,
- Build Automation tools like GNU Make, Ant, Maven, Gradle,
- GNU Make, C based product build setup and build issues debugging,
- software code quality measurement tools like Coverity, TICS,
- scripting in Python,
- Windows batch files, PowerShell and Linux Shell scripts.