Senior Hardware System Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Hardware Systems Engineer with experience in board and system-level design, and a real passion for learning about and working with analog and power supply circuit designs. In this role, you will work in a mixed team of HW and SW engineers to provide technical solutions which allow them to experience the full benefits of our products in their unique environment. The Systems Engineer will be the primary technical expert in his or her area of expertise for both Field Application Engineers (FAE) and the Technical Information Center (TIC). You will work directly with the customer as such, this position requires an experienced professional with extensive experience in producing high-quality, robust, embedded hardware solutions.
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues
- Debugging a board based on the schematics
- Reviewing customer schematics focusing on deviations from the Hardware developer guide
- Explaining PMIC functionality for the processors and how customer can adapt their design to obtain low power solutions
- Create reference designs and drive prototypes creation
- University degree in a relevant field (Electronics and Telecommunications, Computer Science, etc.);
- Minimum 5/10 years’ experience in board and system-level hardware design, schematic capture, PCB layout
- Working knowledge of power and signal integrity techniques, and real-world experience in driving correlation between the two domains
- Deep understanding of Design methodology to debug issues at PHY level
- Low Power Wireless technologies and practices
- Ability to write organized documentation for reference designs.
- Familiarity with ARM microcontrollers
- Communications Protocols; UART, SPI, I2C, I2S, USB, Ethernet
- Strong debugging skills and hands-on lab work.
- Experience operating characterization equipment such as oscilloscopes, meters, temp chambers, IR Gun, power supplies, electronic loads.
- Experience performing complicated solder / de-solder / miscellaneous rework of circuit boards.
- Ethernet, Wifi, HDMI, flash devices knowledge is a plus.
- Good knowledge of OrCAD-PCB Solutions
- Strong problem solving and creative skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a team player with good people, leadership, and mentoring skills.
- Good communication skills;
- Good English knowledge (writing, reading and speaking).