Senior Linux Administrator (DataCenter)
Our playground: the identification, authentication, and securing of people and objects.
Our areas of expertise: artificial intelligence, biometrics, cryptography, embedded systems and software and cyber security.
Our promise: With our technology and innovations, only you can be yourself.
Our ambition: Imagine tomorrow and profoundly change the daily lives of citizens of all countries.
Our markets: civil identity (ID, passport), smart payment and telecom transactions, smart cards, public security and airport security.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist support staff as/when required in order to meet deadlines and the company’s Infrastructure support priorities.
- Provide input as required on product and system specific functionality, configuration and usage for training and documentation purposes.
- Share skills and experience with other groups within the organization, with the aim of establishing consistency and improving quality within the company.
- Proactive and promptly identify and assist to resolve any relevant key issues and/or risks.
- Understand, follow and improve upon all formally communicated methodologies, processes, policies, and values. Focusing always on delivering consistent, reliable, repeatable, scalable and quality outcomes.
- Provide support and encouragement to other team members and participate in the up-skilling and training of colleagues and new staff.
- Analyze failure and ensure operational recovery within agreed SLA through standard procedures
- Work on continuous improvement process by analyzing recurrent incidents and designing long term solutions
- Propose improvements of the monitoring setup
- Address any none compliances in timely and orderly manner
- Work independently / a quick learner with ability to implement workarounds through the proper guidance of Support standards and conventions.
- Able to work flexible hours if needed
- Available to come to Data Centers for technical support in case of emergencies
- Able to travel as and when reasonably requested.
- All other duties as requested by Management
- Expert level in Linux (configuration, management, scripting, services)
- Very good understanding of virtualization technologies: VMware / XEN / Hyper-V – at least one of them
- A good understanding of high-availability solutions (cluster, load-balancer), backup, disaster recovery and business continuity principles
- Good understanding of authentication, security and key encryption mechanisms
- Good understanding of networking and security technologies: firewall, routing, switching, VPN, proxy /reverse proxy, load-balancer, application firewall, antivirus, IPS / IDS, other security solutions
- Knowledge of storage principles and technologies: NAS, DAS, SAN, fc switches
- Knowledge about configuration management tools, deployment tools, updates and software repositories, monitoring tools
- Shell, Python scripting
- Good understanding of ITIL principles and experience in working with a ticketing tool
- Hardware knowledge, Dell & HP management tools
- Experience in troubleshooting incidents at L2/L3 level
- Understanding of cloud platforms: AWS and Azure
- Knowledge of Windows Server infrastructure
- Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana
- Previous datacenter experience
- Software defined storage: GlusterFS, Ceph
- Web: Tomcat, Apache, NGINX, JBOSS application server
- Databases: Oracle DB, MySQL / Maria DB, Cassandra / Datastax
- Experience with microservices and DevOps tools: Dockers & Kubernetes, Bitbucket, Salt Stack
- Experience in Open Source projects and tools suites a plus