QA engineers will learn:
To work with cutting edge technologies such as New Generation Firewalls (Fortinet, Palo Alto), switches, routers (Cisco, Juniper, F5) and other equipment having 40 & 100Gbps bandwidth solutions.
Scripting: TCL, Python
Security protocols such as: IPsec, SSL.
Wireless protocols: LTE, GTP.
How to simulate real-world scenarios of stateful application traffic: Facebook, World of Warcraft and thousands more.
A whole range from Layer2-3 (MAC/IP) to L7 apps.
About software development processes: Agile/Scrum.
A network security company
- Will execute complex test cases, design and write test plans for important software features and maintain up to date documentation related to it;
- Required to provide accurate effort estimation, progress tracking and status reporting;
- Required to have good communication skills for team interaction and customer related activities;
- Required to take ownership over customer specific escalations;
- Able to configure, debug and troubleshoot equipment required for testing large features (with minimal to no supervision);
- Required to raise delays and bottlenecks in testing activities and plans; required to suggest mitigation plans
- Required to make use of the best methods and techniques for providing solutions and workarounds;
- Have working knowledge of debugging tools and techniques;
- Capable of root cause isolation and proper bugs logging to focus on problem description, steps to reproduce, relevant logs and files attachment;
- Able to provide guidance to junior team members
- Minimum experience: 4+ years
- Required to have advanced working knowlege of networking TCP/IP protocols (CCNP level).
- Security and application protocols are a plus: SSL, IPsec, etc.
- Wireless technologies are also considered a plus: GTP, LTE.
- Required to have strong scripting skils (Python preferred).
- Required to have strong Linux operating skills
- Required to have experience with automation frameworks.
- Working experience in Agile
· QA practices:
- Required to design and document test plan and test cases for major features.
- Required to provide accurate effort estimations
- Required to track progress and spot potential risks in a timely manner
- Required to maintain up to date documentation (TP/TC)
- Required to provide input in customer escalations
- Required to configure equipment for medium – major feature (without supervision).
- Required to debug and troubleshoot equipment. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Required to maintain constant pace of TC execution.
- Required to detect and communicate testing delays and bottlenecks.
- Required to provide improvement suggestions on current processes and products
- Knowledgeable about tools and debug techniques (Wireshark, Perforce, SVN, Jenkins, automation harness); Able to provide technical guidance to junior team members.
- Required to communicate in clear and concise manner with QA/Dev groups/Support Teams/Customers
- Bugs: Root cause isolation, steps to reproduce, problem description, proper logs and files attached.
· Level of independence:
- Some supervision needed on technical aspects and occasional mentoring for personal growth.