Software Asset Manager Vendor SME
Telecom & IT company
Support the VCI Vendor Management team in order to ensure a well-documented and optimized Software Asset Management activity.
Responsible to support the Vendor relationship management, continual improvement and governance within VCI.
Responsible for VCI needs analysis and address request to Vendor for discussion and negotiation.
Responsible for monitoring and control Vendor performances in agreement with vendor segmentation framework and guidelines.
Actively contributes in Vendor Risk Management process with the aim of ensuring that the use of Vendors’ service does not create unacceptable potential negative impact on business.
Point of contact for VCI senior and line management for relevant issues with the strategic vendors during the activity execution and product delivery.
Responsible for the definition of assigned vendors contract reporting requirements (e.g. usage reports).
Contribute in the definition and evolution of Vendor Management Tools.
Driving the execution of strategic projects / actions related to VCI Vendor Management area.
Main responsibilities and decisional competences:
- Windows Server compliancy analysis and remediation;
- SQL Server Compliancy analysis and remediation
- Windows Server 2019 deployment control
- Other SW compliancy report design (MongoDB, Oracle DB, VMware, RedHat,)
- Creation of SW usage briefing packs for designers
- Cloud & Infrastructure SW pricelist integration with Procurement Team catalogue
- Act as licensing specialist in case of questions/queries from the internal stakeholders in regards of our main software
- Support the Management of Vendor Relationship – engage with proper Vendor’s representatives in order to establish and maintain a sound and profitable relationship.
- Ensure vendor documentation is properly created and stored (e.g: License models guidelines, pricelists, entitlements)
- Participate to various meetings and workshops with vendors and other stakeholders acting as point of contact for VCI senior and line management;
- Vendor reporting – guarantee that proper reporting on Vendor (e.g. performance, true up, SAM) are available and reliable
- Project Management – leads, when required, project on sourcing topics
- Manage assigned vendors relationship – engage with proper Vendor’s representatives in order to establish and maintain a sound and profitable relationship
- Vendor performance – monitor, review and control vendor performances, share results with VCI management, identify and agree with Vendor improvement paths, implementation roadmap and monitor implementation execution
- Vendors Knowledge Base – guarantee that all relevant information (e.g. vendor’s representatives’ info) and documents (e.g. contracts and reports) are kept up to date and properly stored in VM knowledge base
- SAM and Licensing SPOC – act as principal point of contact for VCI management for any relevant topic regarding the SAM area
- Strategic Vendor reporting – guarantee that proper reporting on Vendor (e.g. performance, usage) are available and reliable
- Proven experience in software asset management
- Ability to communicate and interact with different layers of organization Leadership capabilities and project management
- ITIL framework knowledge
- Minimum 5 years work experience, mainly in IT area
- Strong analytical skills
- Team worker
- Good communicator, able to drive diverse stakeholders
- Ability and sound skills in negotiation with third parties having clear in mind goals and objectives to be achieved
- Strong experience with some major software publisher & licensing models (Microsoft, Red Hat, VMWare, others)
- Ability to comprehend and interpret highly complex licensing issues
- Full English proficiency
- Ability to work with Excel / Access advanced functions
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL Database
- IAITAM Certification or other SAM/Licensing equivalent certification
- Negotiation skills
- Microsoft certifications is a plus.