Software Engineer – Virtual Prototype Development
You will be part of an international team to support, develop and maintain a virtual prototype of an automotive microcontroller.
Semiconductors Development Company.
- Support and assist internal and external engineers (firmware developers, application specialists) integrating device models into their own firmware test and application modelling environments
- Collaborate with other modelling software specialists to maintain, verify and enhance the software (including associated test and deployment components) in response to customer bug reports and feature requests
- Take ownership of test, release and deployment of updated software to internal and external customers
- Demonstrate the potential to take on the role of technical lead/specialist developer for models of microcontroller systems (e.g. System on a Chip)
- Manage development/maintenance priorities in response to business needs
- Act as domain expert developer for teams implementing simulation models of new microcontroller products
- Coordinate with local analog device modelling specialists to provide full-system simulation solutions to internal and external customer projects
You have a good logical, analytical and creative thinking skills and your passion is programming. You have existing experience in software development and software engineering. Moreover, you are motivated to work in a global team and you are an organized person, who is able to work independently.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science/Systems Engineering, Automatic Control or equivalent degree.
- Experience with C++ and embedded C is required
- Basic knowledge of microcontrollers and SoC would be advantageous
- Knowledge of SystemC is highly desired
- Experience in Matlab Simulink modeling is of use
- Experience of software testing (Continuous integration, C++ test frameworks) would be highly advantageous
- Good command of English language
- Availability for occasional travel