Software Integration Engineer – Augmented Identity and Biometrics projects
Software Integration Engineer designs and implements customized solutions based on company's applications and products. The Engineer implements customer specific requirements by configuring and customizing biometric applications and systems and develops specific software components. Work is performed within larger team, istributed across multiple countries.
The employing company is a world leader in digital security solutions for the mobility space, developing inovating producs in the fields of: Augumented identity, biometrics, identity and data security, mobile payments.
- Configures and customizes company’s Biometric Information System products (java, XML, JSON).
- Participates in design and planning activities, following Agile methodology.
- Understands and analyzes requirements, data format specifications, interface specifications etc.
- Identifies, defines and communicates technical tasks that need to be performed to meet customer requirements within constraints of technology.
- Creates technical documentation such as installation/configuration/maintenance procedures.
- Tests, identifies and reports issues in product and product customization.
- Deploys customized solutions to production systems.
- Maintains customization code and customer specific components.
- Analyzes and identifies issues on production systems and provides support on site when required.
- Communicates progress, issues and identified risks on daily basis.
- Supports planning by breaking larger tasks into smaller ones and estimating effort for specific tasks.
- Maintains/acquires required skills as product and assignments evolve.
Requirements and expected knowledge depend on the level of experience (junior to senior, 1.5 to 5+ years)
- Relevant experience in software integration, customization, design and/or development.
- Strong skills in java programming language.
- Comfortable with setting up and maintaining Linux servers.
- Intermediate skills in relational databases and SQL (e.g. Oracle, PostgreSQL).
- Intermediate understanding of computer networking and network protocols (HTTP, SSL, etc.).
- Experience with source control and issue tracking systems (e.g. SVN, JIRA).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Strong English skills
Desired: (alt least a few of the following would represent a significant advantage)
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Experience with maintaining multiple versions of software.
- Experience with Java Enterprise Edition and JBOSS application server.
- Experience with platforms for building enterprise business process applications with custom workflows.
- Experience with Active Directory and LDAP.
- Experience with JasperReports.
- Experience with Clustering and High Availability solutions.
- Comfortable with reading and understanding existing code, ability to use code as documentation.
- Experience with fingerprint, facial or other biometric technologies (e.g. software, standards, devices).