As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team, you are empowered to learn, lead, and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
This role is for a System Engineer that will operate, maintain, and configure the IT systems providing Live and On-Demand video services for a Pan European operator! Excellent understanding and experience of Linux servers & environments, networking & storage. Need to understand how to use certain technologies, follow the guidelines & be able to resolve issues quickly or collate detailed information and in-depth investigation before raising to other teams or relevant partners!
- Support and lead entire architecture(Linux Based) for Video services.
- Performs configuration fixing on various components.
- Guide in the analysis of major incident root cause and follow up with vendors and other Corporate teams as needed
- Administrate SQL databases, Perl and PHP application scripts, and storage systems.
- Positive, constructive agile approach with an emphasis on partnership and flexibility;
- Develop custom scripts for the automation of certain operational tasks and service monitoring of the Interactive Video solutions.
- Improve the proposed solutions for customer needs and operational optimizations;
- Provide work instructions and improvements of the processes;
- Work to identify and drive improvements
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Excellent knowledge of standard Linux tools & scripting languages (e.g Ruby, Bash, Perl, Python)
- Experience with a RESTful architecture
- Experience with microservices-based architecture and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Understanding of IP networking and data center infrastructure
- Internet protocols like HTTP, HTTP/2, RTP, RTCP, RTSP, RTMP, UDP, ARP, ICMP
- Experience in supporting VMware environments
- Experience in configuring and maintaining a range of common server applications, such as Apache, Samba, Tomcat, JBoss, IIS, SQL, etc.
- Understanding of network security practices including the use of VPNs, ACLs, and firewalls
- Proficient spoken and written English
- Excellent communication and people skills, attention to detail;
- Delivery Platforms and Apps (IOS, Android, HTML5)
- Audio and Video coding/decoding technologies
- Experience in systems automation, configuration management, automated server builds, and monitoring tools. e.g: Puppet, Jenkins
- Knowledge &/or experience of using Amazon Web Services, OpenStack, Microsoft Azure, etc.