Technical Support Engineer II
This is a chance to join a leading provider in IP network testing, security and visibility systems and successful applicants will have the opportunity to further develop their networking skills in the area of monitoring visibility products.
A network security company.
- Provide expert level telephone and email support to customers;
- Assist customers with operation and configuration of hardware and software, with an emphasis on Visibility products;
- Accurately log, track and maintain customer service requests;
- Achieve customer satisfaction and support metric goals, SLAs;
- Effectively work and communicate with worldwide support and engineering team.
- Hands on experience on configuring different layer 2-7 technologies ranging from subscriber access to routing, load balancing, security and general IP forwarding in IPv4 and IPv6 networks, hardware debug, SNMP and Syslog configuration;
- Experience on monitoring systems: Taps, Network Packet Brokers (NPB), Monitoring Tools;
- Security knowledge;
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal);
- Highly organized and detail oriented;
- Ability to coordinate with teams in offshore locations;
- Self-sufficient self-starter who can work with little or no direction;
- Prior Customer Support Experience;
- BS or MS in Computer/Electrical Engineering with focus on Internet/Networking (or CCNP). Extensive IP networking background;
- 2+ years’ experience with L2-7 protocols, Customer Support or Network Management.
Nice to have:
- Unix\Linux experience;
- Expertise in Internet Security technologies – IPSec/SSL;
- Experience on configuration of firewalls, ACL’s, access and tunneling protocols on Cisco, Juniper and other vendor’s routers;
- Virtualization (VMWare, KVM, OpenStack, HyperV);
- Scripting (TCL or any other language);
- CCNA Security or any other Security certification;
- Highly attractive financial and benefit package, according with individual experience and performance;
- Career development opportunity in a multinational company;
- The opportunity to work with high-level technologies.