TV Operations Data Engineer
Your opportunity to become part of an international and multicultural team which supports the best Pan European TV service and delivers the best entertainment to our customers.
As the first link in the data value chain, you are responsible for ensuring that data is available in a useable form. "Garbage In - Garbage Out" is a maxim that you have internalized and that forms the basis of your work.
You are a person that has joy in delivering few things “100%”, with the necessary diligence, instead of many things finished half.
With your love for data, you will create, implement and support automations, based on TV platforms usage data in order to help the operations team to take faster and better decisions, make the day-to-day work simpler and the service greater.
With these activities you will have a great impact on our business:
- Operations and extension of our data pipelines together with our data scientists and developers
- Monitoring, quality assurance and orchestration of our data pipelines
- Identification and integration of new data sources, internal and external
- Developing prototypes into “production-ready” code
- Use a variety of datasets to test hypothesis, discover hidden relationships and provide actionable insights
With these skills you are a great candidate:
- Ability to transform user and operational requirements to create actionable operational insights via meaningful dashboards, alarms, reports, automation workflows, and use data visualization to engage audiences in a compelling way
- Support data quality practices, identify discrepancies, anomalies and flaws in the data
- Basic data analysis looks like the 1×1 to you
- Experience in reviewing data models and big data architecture.
- Min. 1-2 years of experience with data engineering / ETL
- Significant knowledge in business intelligence and reporting tools and capabilities e.g., Splunk, Kibana, ELK, Excel, etc.
- Professional work experience in developments with Apache Nifi, python for automations
- Much experience with using different database technologies (e.g., OracleDB)
- Experiences in working with structured and unstructured data
- Interested in container and cloud technologies, machine learning algorithms and NLP
- Agile mindset and experience with agile development (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, …)