Support Engineer – Design Applications (CAD infrastructure)
As a Design Applications - Support Engineer you will provide 1st and 2nd level support on Linux/UNIX environment, analog and digital flows, ICs tools and technology. Like this, you will be responsible for presenting new ideas to be implemented into new and existing projects, while working closely with the local design teams and flow/technology departments.
Multinational Semiconductor Company.
- Create, configure and maintain Linux/UNIX project accounts.
- Supporting the CAD infrastructure (Cadence, Mentor, Synopsys, etc.) used by 100+ engineers in various R&D teams.
- Learn and understand the design flows in order to be able to support designers to use it, follow it or to debug it.
- Offer 1st level IT support regarding UNIX related issues (e.g. quota issues, file recovery, data exchanging between projects, LSF support, data management usage support, etc…).
- An academic degree in Automatics/Computers/Electronics/Telecommunication Engineering, or relevant experience in integrated circuits design.
- Good knowledge on UNIX environment is a plus.
- Good programming and scripting capabilities.
- Experience with the IC Design tools (Cadence, Mentor, Synopsys, etc…) or any CAD tools.
- Good writing & speaking English skills.
At least one of the following would represent an important advantage:
- Familiarity with the IC Design & IC Fabrication processes.
- Experience with analog and digital design methodologies.
- Experience in physical Layout.
- Experience in semiconductors industry.
Last but not least:
– You are fully committed to making product development processes more efficient, while keeping the focus on excellence.
– You are customer oriented, with a great team spirit and willingness to cooperate successfully across boundaries.