System Engineer – Virtualization
The System Engineer is a technical orientated role which is responsible for the maintenance and implementation of infrastructure and system components deployed by the company and involves cross-functional interaction with other teams.
- Analyzing, diagnosing, and providing workarounds until a final fix can be supplied
- Managing and supporting infrastructure resources
- Defining requirements for system configuration
- Controlling 3 rd party in infra deliverables
- Having a good command for Linux OS, Ubuntu, CentOS and being able to diagnose incidents not only from network devices but also from system level/OS.
- Analyzing failure and ensuring operational recovery within agreed SLA through standard procedure or ad-hoc workarounds
- Managing documentation of configuration in Confluence/repository and keeping it up to date
- At least 3-5 years proven in-depth experience in Linux/Unix systems administration
- Knowledge of VMware software and other virtualization software (XEN, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Experience on storage devices or platforms (HP 3 PAR – NETAPP-APPOLO)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, PAT, NAT, FireWalls – Cisco Checkpoint, VPN, SSH
- CI/CD knowledge — setup, configure, support (Maven, Nexus, Jenkins, Sonar, SCMs, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, GIT)
- Good knowledge of Linux (configuration and management)
- UNIX scripting abilities (shell, bash, python, perl, sed, awk)
- Experience with Confluence and Jira tools
Nice to have:
- Practical administration skills for databases like MongoDB and MariaDB will be a plus
- Good practical experience with network devices will counted as plus
- Perform/analyze OS Penetration Tests results
- Sound understanding of ITIL Change and configuration Management
- Experience with Salt States and Kubernetes Architectures along with previous data center activities will be a strong plus
- Security and key encryption mechanisms.