DC Network Design Engineer (DC infra. HLD & Cloud connectivity)
In charge with DC Connectivity - HLD/Architecture projects between global Data Centers and Cloud.
Technology Center in a multinational telecom company.
- Plan and orchestrate end-to-end connectivity design solutions including WAN VPN, DC connections, private partner DCs and public cloud (AWS mainly, punctual GCP, Azure).
- Provide connectivity design consultancy in early phases of Product Development and solution delivery processes.
- Create connectivity design blueprints and orchestration policies to increase automation level in service delivery.
- Ensure compliance to connectivity security policies of Group Technology Security and of customer organisations.
- Support software development initiatives from a connectivity perspective. Contribute to the evolution of the group’s Engineering and system architecture strategy.
- Support overall connectivity strategy across different internal and external hosting sites aligned with Group technology 2020 strategy.
- Accountable for all end-to-end solution connectivity designs, including connectivity building blocks
- Review of Connectivity Low Level design and implementation for all customer solutions
- Implementation of infrastructure as code connectivity building blocks for Product Development on time and within budget
- Definition of service KPIs and reporting models
- Relevant experience in LLD and HLD of Data Center networks/connectivity, including:
- Routing, Switching and MPLS;
- Load Balancing, Firewalls, NAT, Proxy, etc.
- Cloud connectivity and services. (Mainly public clouds, preferable AWS. Experience with GCP or Azure is a plus).
- Either in depth WAN or local DC experience ideally in a service design role
- Be able to work on own initiative and manage work load.
- Customer driven mindset, critical judgement and problem solver focused.
- Advanced English level Spoken and written.
Nice to have:
- Expert level in IP technology and connectivity practices in private and public cloud (AWS)
- General experience with connectivity provider practices and delivering infrastructure as code (Terraform, Git, Ansible)