DC Network Implementation Engineer
- Delivery of data center network configurations and implementations for Global Data Centers in order to support reliable and secure hosted and collaborative services across the whole network in Europe with focus on the services hosted in the managed data centers.
- Accountable for the Low Level Design, network implementation, optimization, testing and quality assurance activities in the Global Data Centers (main managed network elements: routers, switches, load balancers, Cisco ACI , Firewalls, PKI, Proxies and services implementation over them). Responsible for IP connectivity implementation based on customer demand.
- Manage relationships with the stakeholders, in particular operations, design, infrastructure and other customer teams for the implementation of configuration activities, special projects or the handling of emergencies.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Develop network configuration scripts for the Global Data Center connectivity according the agreed design
- Review design document
- Align with the customer and design teams on the priority and type of connectivity needed
- Ownership of the country Network Connectivity Low Level Designs as well as define templates, modularize and industrialize configuration items and their implementation.
- Deploy the network fit for purpose including to understand how our services/applications layer will work across the network (capacity, capability, utilization)
- Deliver optimal implementation process that ensures quality.
- Decrease the design and implementation costs and to achieve a harmonized & simplified network infrastructure
- Defining, planning and scheduling activities and interventions and support the Change Management Process
- Quality assurance and optimization in the design and implementation process
- Support, Test & Accept / Audit the deployed solution
- Document the configuration change and also the rollback plan associated to each change
- Network standardization across global data centers:
- Drive network standards across Local markets
- Drive + Support Network innovations
- Actively influences operational efficiency and operability of the deployed connectivity solutions
- Seeks clarification of risks before taking action to guarantee business continuity
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
o Good knowledge of the Data Centre network infrastructure
o Good knowledge of Network equipment operation (Cisco router and switches, F5 Load Balancers and Juniper Firewalls) and of TCP/IP, Routing and switching Protocols
o Good knowledge of telecommunications network systems and their services
o Good knowledge of cloud and NFV technologies (ACI, OpenStack, NSX, …)
o Good knowledge of VCE (vBlock) and HPE (C7000) products
Education level equivalent to a bachelor degree
Desired Vendor Certifications
o Cisco (CCNA, CCNP or CCIE)
o VMWare (certificates for vSphere, NSX, vRealize )
o HPE (certificates for data centre, SDN and cloud solutions)
o VCE (VCE-CIA, VCE-CIAE or VCE-CIMAE)
o F5 ( BIG-IP Administrator, LTM Specialist)
Desired: minimum 2 years’ experience with cloud and NFV technologies from Cisco, HPE and/or VMware
Desired: minimum 4 years’ experience in data centre environment
Desired: knowledge of scripting, network automation (Ansible) and programing (Python)