- Fully in charge with module RTL development: design, documentation, planning, concept oversight (with help of dedicated concept engineer), power estimations/simulations, RTL and gate-level simulations, top-level integration, constraints definition, support for top-level synthesis and timing analysis, interaction with nominated module-level verification responsible(s).
- Develops and implements test cases to be ran pre and post-silicon, in C and/or assembly languages;
- Has in-depth knowledge of semi-custom digital design principles and practices, analog/digital interfaces, hard-macro functionality, power and design flow/tools;
- Can interface with Concept, Verification, Firmware and Test Engineers, top-level designers and other module designers as required;
- Also responsible with post-silicon tasks for the module, including but not limited to post-silicon test coverage and characterisation definition of specific features, silicon test development;
- Can perform analysis of module features and system-wide consequences thereof;
- Must provide support to synthesis, layout and STA responsible for the module;
- Graduate of a technical university (Electronics, Computer Science, Automation etc.).
- Proven experience in digital design (RTL) using VHDL or Verilog is required (VHDL preferred).
- Experience in development of complex semi-custom digital modules mandatory.
- Synthesis know-how is a plus.
- Post-silicon bring-up, debug, analysis for microcontrollers are a plus.
- Knowledge and/or experience of low-level (non-OO) C and x251 assembly is a plus.
- Availability to travel for few, short trips to other design centers (Graz, Munich).
- Ability to take in new information, synthesize and use it effectively.
Good command of English language
Good communication skills. Proactive driver.
Able to interface with required functions and people in a multi-site, multi-national environment.
Can integrate in an existing high-performance multi-disciplinary team environment.
Logical, autonomous and self-driven.
Analytical thinking and problem solving skills desired