This person will help in Business as Usual (BAU) of an Operation team (ITIL L1 to L3), focus on the Automation process and ticket Journey/vertical blocks process troubleshooting and Operational enhancements. You will be responsible to work with remaining operations team to assure the CIAS stability and system availability according the agreed business service levels.
You will also be integrated in a very dynamic team, focus on continuous improvements and with direct engagement with the development stream, to work under an Agile methodology and addressing a DevOps delivery paradigm.
You will articulate on daily basis with CIAS Change Manager, Environments management Operation team members and DevOps Squads, acting as gatekeepers of the stability of the CIAS environments (SIT, UAT, Pre-Prod and PRD). You will maintain and upgrade existing system applications and configurations assuring that deployments activities are well orchestrated and follow all the necessary steps to ensure the proper deployment procedures and do not create any issues on the system stability. You will also support the environment and system management activities related with the necessary stability to perform the administration, configuration and deployment task related with release and hot fix deliveries.
• Conduct the daily troubleshooting, solution monitoring & analysis activities to assure CIAS solutions stability, availability and performance
• Create, update and maintain the system configurations and parametrizations to assure the environment stability and deliver it as part of Agile methodology
• Assure daily checks and activities to assure a correct environment application management strategy
• Orchestrate operations support activities and environment capabilities to assure that agile team can deliver in short iterations and frequent releases
• Assure operations task that contribute for planned and unplanned release (including hot-fix deployments) management and coordination activities
• Contribute to planning application maintenance activities calendar across CIAS DevOps Squads on our technology and business
• Ability to share best practices for operational management standards to the teams (DevOps and AO);
• Hand-on ability to automate repeated operations tasks and build implementation change management procedures coverage
• Design, develop and test complex integration deployment tools, that are used in the delivery pipeline during the automated deployment, using latest technologies
• Assure and perform the environment system administration tasks for configure and execute the change management implementation activities.
• Provide technical direction on environments strategy & considerations for solution performance, security, scalability, availability, maintainability, disaster recovery and uptime.
• Represent the release management perspective of OSS platforms over architecture and technology.
• Operations application role experience;
• Environment and configuration management experience;
• Drive best practices of application operations and maintenance (AMO) management strategy within a DevOps/agile ecosystem;
• Passion for increase operational requirements and principles inside DevOps with continuous delivery approach to reduce impact and increase solution delivery timelines;
• Good communication skills, with proven ability to work cross functional teams to translate business issues into potential analytics solutions.
• Experience with application operations engineer (for ITIL L1 and L2) and during Incident management:
o response to incident reports, ensuring relevant prioritization and detail to allow effective investigation.
o identify the correct procedures or channels for resolution and monitor resolution activity and progress updates to customers.
o understand and execute the relevant change management tools and processes to restore the system
• Experience with application maintenance (L2 & L3) engineer during Problem management:
o understand and identify problems, analyzing and helping to identify the appropriate solution.
o classify and prioritize problems, document their causes and implement remedies.
• knowledge of Object oriented programming language (Java, C++ ).
• knowledge of integration tools ESB (e,g OSB or Tibco or Webmethods).
• Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases (including scripting language).
• Scripting, command line and operating systems administration knowledge – Windows, Unix
• Systems Integration and communication technologies – SOAP, REST, JDBC, FTP, HTTP/S, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, TCP, Telnet
• knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes;
• knowledge of OS sys Admin (Linux);
• knowledge of JIRA for release management purpose;
• Good analytical skills (listening, questioning, challenging etc.);
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies, namely Scrum and Kanban;
• Knowledge with NAGIOS , KIBANA , SPLUNK or other monitoring solutions.