The Scrum Master is responsible for facilitating and improving the process of delivery and operational support using the Scrum method and Agile principles and values. They will assist the Product Owner in putting together and maintaining the backlog, holding regular refinement and planning sessions. The role will collect relevant delivery metrics in order to better forecast future delivery and enable informed decision making. They will adopt a situation coaching style and be a real agent for change in the organization.
- Facilitate the adoption and implementation of the Scrum process.
- Coordinate the flow of work through the team using visualization boards and delivery data, holding planning/replenishment sessions as needed
- Facilitate key Agile events including daily standups, reviews, retrospectives, planning and refining
- Work with the team and Product Owner to hold back log refinement sessions and ensure upcoming work is aligned with the project’s measurable outcomes
- Support Agile and Scrum principles, assisting team members in continuous improvement.
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Scrum Master
- Knowledge in one or more programming and markup languages like, Oracle APEX, HTML, CSS, Java, Ruby, SQL, XML, JSON, YAML, and Python
- Basic understanding of Oracle databases
- Desirable: Recognized qualification from one of the established Scrum or Agile professional bodies
(Scrum Alliance, Scrum.org, Lean Kanban University).